Why do we need your personal details?
On certain areas of the World of Golf website you may be asked to submit some personal information for the following reasons:
- For registration as a member of the World of Golf, to enable you and your organisation to benefit from promotion via the WofG website and other related information dissemination services for members.
- Where you have requested that we contact you.
- Where you have submitted feedback.
- For WofG to undertake user demographics analysis to help us evaluate the relevance and impact of our service. This analysis may be conducted within WofG or by a relevant third party, but will not include information that could identify you as an individual.
When will we use your personal details to communicate with you?
We may only use your personal details to communicate with you (by email, wherever possible) in the following circumstances:
- As a WofG member, to keep you informed about news, activities, events, etc., by other WofG members and relevant to the sector in the subjects/areas in which you have stated that you are interested and on general issues.
- To keep you informed about other WofG services if you are a WofG member.
- Where there is a problem with your online account or your member details.
- In response to you requesting information.
- To confirm we have received contact you make with us.
Collecting and storing your personal information
We will hold your information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. When you supply your personal information to us we have an obligation to collect and hold your information fairly. We will only collect and hold your personal information for the purposes as specified above in Why do we need your personal details? We will only collect and hold your personal information that is relevant and necessary to our purposes. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as the service you have requested exists, and remove it in the event that the purpose is met or in the case that you request removal of your personal information from our databases.
How do we collect information about you?
We will collect information from you in two ways:
Through forms – where you will have to actively save/submit your information (e.g. member registration forms, discussion forum registration forms, feedback and contact forms.
Sharing information about you with third parties
We may provide third parties with overall statistics about visitors to our website. However, this will not include information that could personally identify you. We will never make your personal details available to companies outside WofG for marketing purposes. Our representatives may hold your data so that your details and/or order can be processed and/or account maintained but will be bound by the same policy. We reserve the right to access and to disclose personal information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to ensure the protected operation of our systems, or to protect either ourselves or our users.
Your right to access your personal information
You have a right to access a copy of the personal information WofG holds about you and have any incorrect personal information corrected. You must submit an email or written request for a copy, amendment or deletion of any other personal information you have given by contacting us.
Users 16 and under
Users aged 16 and under must get consent from parents or guardians before providing personal information to the WofG website. As legal guardians, parents or guardians have an obligation to supervise children and dependents, and to help decide which areas of the website are suitable for their viewing.